Who Is Eligible?
- All active full-time hourly employees and regular salaried employees, beginning with their date of hire.
hourly retirees receiving a normal, early (regular or special) or
disability retirement benefit, as long as any medical benefits are being
- Salaried retirees who retired under the General
Retirement Plan, including salaried employees who terminate between the
ages of 50-55 and who are eligible to receive certain deferred
retirement benefits, are eligible while they are receiving benefits.
Spouses of employees who died while actively employed and Surviving
Spouses of retirees who retired under the General Retirement Plan, or
who are receiving benefits under the Ford-UAW Retirement Plan.
- Employees on an approved leave of absence, for the duration of the leave or until expiration of any medical benefits.
- Employees on layoff for the first 12 months of the layoff.
- Employees taking a separation package, complete details on their AXZ-Plan privileges are included in their separation packet.
- All U.S. Temporary Part-Time employees (TPTs) and Long Term Supplemental (LTS) employees are eligible for A-Plan in the U.S.
- All regular part-time hourly and salaried employees who are eligible to receive medical benefits.
- Deferred Vested Retirees while they are receiving a Ford pension check.
- Members of the immediate family of the above. "Immediate family" means the following relatives of the employee or retiree:
- spouse's parents
- spouse's grandparents
- sons and daughters (including in-laws and step-children)
- brothers and sisters (including in-laws, half and step-siblings)
- same-sex domestic partners of eligible active employees*
- immediate family members of eligible same-sex domestic partners*
- Employees of approved subsidiary companies and approved affiliated companies as eligibility is defined at the time of approval.
- When both the employee/retiree and his/her spouse are deceased, the surviving family members are no longer eligible.
Four new products per calendar year may be purchased or leased
audited, the employee must provide a notarized affidavit, dated prior
to the sale date, that a same-sex domestic partnership exists. The
Company defines a same-sex domestic partnership as a relationship
between two people who meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Are the same sex.
shared a continuous committed relationship with each other for no less
than 6 (six) months, intend to do so indefinitely, and they have no such
relationship with any other person.
- Are jointly responsible for each other's welfare and financial obligations.
- Reside in the same household.
not related by blood to a degree of kinship that would prevent marriage
from being recognized under the laws of their state of residence.
reside in a state where marriage between persons of the same sex is not
recognized as a valid marriage, or, if residing in a state which
recognizes same-sex unions, enter into such union as recognized by
- Each over age of 18, of legal age, and legally competent to enter a contract.
- Neither is married to a third party.